Premier Garden Supplies Softwood railway sleepers Pressure-Treated (Tanalised) Large, sawn-cut rectangle 195mm x 95mm x 2.4m sleepers.
The Premier Garden Supplies Softwood railway sleepers are large, sawn-cut rectangle sleepers that have been pressure-treated with a tanalised preservative to extend its life outdoors. This treatment process ensures deep penetration of the wood preservative into the timber cells of the railway sleepers, giving these softwood sleepers an expected lifespan of around 8 to 10 years.
The tanalised railway sleepers have a light green colouration initially which will fade to a silvery grey over time when exposed to the sun. However, if you would prefer, these sleepers can be easily stained to suit your aesthetics. It is also advised that a treatment should be applied if the railway sleepers are cut - using a circular saw, chainsaw or handsaw - as newly exposed cut surfaces will otherwise be exposed.
- Premier Railway Sleeper 195x95mm x 2.4m Length
- Applications include: Lawn edging, Sleeper retaining walls, Ponds and water features, Border edging, Garden steps, Decking and so much more.
- High-quality 8ft (2.4m) railway sleepers made from sustainably sourced softwood timber.
- Cost-effective alternative to oak or other hardwood railway sleepers, ideal for raised beds and borders
- Tanalised green pressure treatment offers an expected lifespan of around 8 to 10 years, providing protection against rot and decay
- All timber used to build this product is pressure treated and the product is well manufactured, to ensure that they survive many years to come. Timber expands and contracts in different weather conditions, some dimensional variation should be expected.
- All products are treated with Tanalith E, green flecks may appear within the wood but will fade over time as the products weather. We recommend not painting the products for up to 6-8 weeks to allow the treatment to completely dry
PLEASE NOTE: Options within this product may only be available for local delivery.
This may be down to the weight or product size and delivery maybe still possible please feel free to contact us with your enquiries or see our delivery page for further details: DELIVERY DETAILS